Our COVID commitment to you.
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our guests
In addition to meeting all health standards, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our guests and team.
The policies that we have implemented include;
- Our team wear visors or masks during opening hours.
- Upon your arrival at The Hind’s Head, please ensure that you wait at the host station until a member of the team is available to sit you. We will have hand sanitiser available at this point.
- Guests must wear face coverings upon entry and exit of the building, as well as when moving around the restaurant.
- We kindly ask that guests keep their coats & bags with them when they dine with us.
- All employees will complete a health screening questionnaire & confirm they are in good health prior to working. This will include taking temperature checks on arrival at work.
- All clean uniform is stored on site in individual suit bags. We then have these uniforms professionally laundered after use.
- Upon arrival we have a number of signs on display for guests to show what measures we have taken.
- We also have a hand sanitising station upon arrival.
- We have installed sanitisers around the building and always have pumps should one wish to use.
- We have created a QR menu system which allows contactless viewing of menu. This means that there is no cross over with any other tables or guests.
- Should you wish to use a printed menu, we have some that are printed fresh before every service and are stored in the back of house away from potential contamination.
- All of our staff have been trained to stand back from the table when taking orders.
- If you order wine, we ask if you would prefer us to serve it or if you are happy to pour for yourself.
- All tables are spaced away from each other by at least 1.5 metres.
- We are currently practicing the test and trace system required by the government.
- We have reduced our menu (not by too much, don’t worry!) to ensure that preparation in the kitchen is simpler and the chefs are able to reduce their time in the kitchen.
- Our delivery drivers are practicing contactless delivery, for example, food deliveries are placed in crates and then unloaded by the chefs rather than brought inside.
- We accept apple pay which means that there is no limit on contactless payment.
- Our tables are laid in a clean, sanitised environment prior to your arrival, this limits the need to set your first set of cutlery, water glass and wine glass.
- Our dishes are brought into the restaurant by one designated employee who remains at the pass. These dishes are then served by your designated waiter.
- We keep our front door open as well as other doors where possible to avoid guests touching handles but also to promote ventilation.
- We operate our air conditioning which has filter that kill COVID-19.
- Within our toilets we have a system called Biozone which filters the air. The company responsible for these have had it checked and it also kills COVID-19.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting procedures using chemicals & products that are appropriate for COVID-19.
- All staff wash their hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with hot water, soap and the addition of hand sanitiser.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, we please ask that you refrain from joining us for your reservation.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As it is taking us a little longer to seat guests, we thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Hind’s Head team
All above are subject to change based on government guidelines.